SCA SPORTS FORUM  

Go Back   SCA SPORTS FORUM > GENERAL > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2010, 06:58 AM
SCA Supreme Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew610 View Post
True, but Cincy hasnt impressed me at all. Yeah there are 159 games left to go but they were the pick to win the Central if St.Louis did not. Those first 2 games they got romped by the Cards. If you can get into their relief pitching you got a field day coming.
yeah and i think the same could be said about the Cardinals, TLR is in love with Motte and i just dont see it. the guy has two pitches at best, a 4 seam fast ball and 2 seam fast ball, which neither one has any movement. so basically he is a major leaguer with one pitch. Time to move on with him, send him down till he develops another pitch. and if Franklin has problems and they think this guy is the answer its going to be a long year for the redbirds. no need in going into panic mode, but this whole reliever issue has been the elephant in the room for going on 3-4 years now, time to address it...IMO
Old 04-09-2010, 05:54 PM
SCA Supreme Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
yeah and i think the same could be said about the Cardinals, TLR is in love with Motte and i just dont see it. the guy has two pitches at best, a 4 seam fast ball and 2 seam fast ball, which neither one has any movement. so basically he is a major leaguer with one pitch. Time to move on with him, send him down till he develops another pitch. and if Franklin has problems and they think this guy is the answer its going to be a long year for the redbirds. no need in going into panic mode, but this whole reliever issue has been the elephant in the room for going on 3-4 years now, time to address it...IMO
I agree. I don't know why everyone loves Motte so much.. He hasn't showed me anything.. I wish we would have kept Perez and sent Motte in the trade instead.. I'm not just blowing steam because what he did yesterday, it's everytime he is on the mound..
Old 04-12-2010, 08:58 AM
SCA Supreme Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thayer 06 View Post
I agree. I don't know why everyone loves Motte so much.. He hasn't showed me anything.. I wish we would have kept Perez and sent Motte in the trade instead.. I'm not just blowing steam because what he did yesterday, it's everytime he is on the mound..
yeah i couldn't agree more, and the fact that i look at him i just want to punch him in the jaw...last nights game was a damn thriller, and once again the damn pen blows it...but you got to love how the cards didnt give up stayed with it the whole way...leaving work early today for the HOME opener, should be a lot of fun...going to introduce the 1985 team and the white rat is throwing out the first pitch, should be interesting to see Clark and McGwire on the field and see if they shake hands...then Tommy Herr and Tito Landrum on the field together again, and see if Tommy doesn't punch him in the mouth...for those of you who dont know many years ago Tito had an affair with Tommy's wife...rumor has it anyway...i hope Tommy kicks his arse...all this drama going on today is like watching Survivor
Old 04-12-2010, 09:51 AM
SCA Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
yeah i couldn't agree more, and the fact that i look at him i just want to punch him in the jaw...last nights game was a damn thriller, and once again the damn pen blows it...but you got to love how the cards didnt give up stayed with it the whole way...leaving work early today for the HOME opener, should be a lot of fun...going to introduce the 1985 team and the white rat is throwing out the first pitch, should be interesting to see Clark and McGwire on the field and see if they shake hands...then Tommy Herr and Tito Landrum on the field together again, and see if Tommy doesn't punch him in the mouth...for those of you who dont know many years ago Tito had an affair with Tommy's wife...rumor has it anyway...i hope Tommy kicks his arse...all this drama going on today is like watching Survivor
Are you sure it aint Monday Night Raw??

GO BEARS!